- Digital Programs
Magnes collection on the Brandeis-Bardin Institute, 1954-1988
In 1940, inspired by Louis D. Brandeis, Dr. Shlomo Bardin founded the Brandeis Camp Institute to teach secular Jews about Jewish culture and the Jewish religion. In 1977, this Jewish retreat in Simi Valley was renamed the Brandeis-Bardin Institute. It has since become a major center of Jewish culture and learning and is now the Brandeis-Bardin Campus of American Jewish University.
Collection includes Brandeis-Bardin Institute materials collected over the years by the Magnes staff. These materials include scattered newsletters (1960-1978), clippings, pamphlets and publicity materials, printed addresses delivered over the years by various dignitaries, and dedication booklets.