- Digital Programs
Jewish Community Center of Berkeley scrapbooks, 1954-1961
The Jewish Community Center of Berkeley was first a branch of the Oakland Jewish Community Center founded in 1951. It was initially located at Berkeley's Congregation Beth El before it made several moves and became the Berkeley Area Jewish Community Center in Kensington, Calif.
Collection consists of two scrapbooks containing clippings, photographs, programs, and calendars that document the Center's activities in the 1950s, including those of a senior citizens group that was co-sponsored by the local chapter of the National Council of Jewish Women.